We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 7.30 am to 10 pm.
4.7 rating 423 reviews

UK Intra-Company Transfer Visa

If you would like to transfer to a UK branch of the South African company you work for, you could be eligible for the UK Intra-Company Transfer Visa.

Our IAS immigration lawyers can assist you throughout the application process. To find out more get in touch with them on 0333 305 3612.


Request a call back from our immigration experts

What is the UK Intra-Company Transfer Visa?

The UK Intra-Company Transfer (ICT) Visa, also called the Tier 2 Visa ICT, is part of the Work Visa category and is designed for people who work for a company that has branches both in the UK and overseas.

This UK visa allows an individual to live in the UK whilst they work at their company’s branch here. The length of time you’re able to remain in the UK for depends on the type of Intra-Company Transfer Visa you apply for, there is a short-term and a long-term option.

Immigration Advice Service 4.7 rating 423 reviews
Reviews.io Logo

Eligibility Requirements for the UK Intra-Company Transfer Visa

In order to be eligible for the Intra-Company Transfer visa, you first need to have been offered a role in your companies UK branch. Your employer will also need to act as your sponsor, so they must have a valid Sponsor Licence. You must be able to prove this with a Certificate of Sponsorship (COS) from your employer.

As well as this, there are other requirements that you will need to be able to meet to become eligible for the ICT visa. These include:

  • Meeting the relevant salary requirements
  • Prove that you are able to support yourself financially whilst in the UK
  • Showing that you’ve worked for your employer for at least 12 months
  • Showing your travel history for the previous five years

Unlike other work visas, there is no need to demonstrate your knowledge of the English language.

Types of Intra-Company Transfer Visas

There are two types of UK Intra-Company Transfer visas, the right one for you depends on which you fit the eligibility for and how long you plan to be in the UK for. The different types of ICT visas are as follows:

Long-Term ICT Visa

This is for long-term staff who are transferring to a UK branch of their company. This type of ICT visa requires you to have at least 12 months of previous experience working for your company unless your salary will be over £73,900. To be eligible for this visa, you must also earn a minimum of £41,500 per annum. You can stay in the UK for up to 9 years on this visa if you earn over £120,000 a year, or 5 years and 1 month if you earn less than this a year.

Graduate Trainee ICT Visa

You could be eligible for this type of UK ICT visa if you’ve recently graduated and had at least 3 months experience of working for your employer. You can stay in the UK for up to 12 months with the Graduate Trainee ICT Visa. To be eligible, you will also need to have a minimum salary of £23,000.

Get in touch with our expert immigration attorneys to learn how to apply for an Intra-Company Transfer Visa Contact us

Fill out the form

UK Intra Company Transfer Visa Application Process

You can apply for the Intra-Company Transfer visa outside the UK using the online form, and can do this up to 3 months before you intend to travel to the UK.

To start your application, you will need to fill in the online form, and you must also provide a portfolio of evidence to prove that you meet the requirements.

Some of the information and documents you will need during the application process include:

  • The certificate of sponsorship reference number
  • A bank statement showing that you have the required personal savings
  • A current passport or another form of valid travel document – you will also need a blank page in your passport for your visa
  • Any expired passports or travel documents to show your travel history
  • Your tuberculosis test results

Once you’ve submitted your application, you’ll need to have your biometric information taken, this is your photo and fingerprints. If you cannot make it to one of the visa application centres in South Africa, then you’ll need to travel to another country to get this done. This is for your Biometric Residence Permit that you must collect within 10 days of arriving in the UK.

Once you’ve completed these steps you will need to wait for a decision from the UK Home Office, you should receive this within 3 weeks of submitting your application.

How can IAS help?

Here at IAS, our immigration lawyers offer assistance with a variety of UK immigration applications. They’ve helped many people with successful work visa applications, so have the knowledge and expertise to give your UK Intra-Company Transfer Visa application a high chance of success.

Whilst you can complete your application yourself, it’s highly recommended that you seek the assistance of an immigration lawyer to guide you through the complexities of the application process and ensure that your application is free from errors. Our lawyers can help you with filling the application form and will professionally check it for accuracy.

As well as assisting with applications, our lawyers offer professional and reliable immigration advice. If you’re unsure which type of Intra-Company Transfer Visa your eligible for, one of our attorneys can assess your eligibility and recommend the best option for you.

To start your application or to find out more about how our lawyers can help you, call our team today on 0333 305 3612.

Advice Package icon

Advice Package

Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.

Application Package icon

Application Package

Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.

Fast Track Package icon

Fast Track Package

Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.

Appeal Package icon

Appeal Package

Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.

Advice Package image

The Advice Package

With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.

Fill out the form

Request the Advice Package
Application Package image

The Application Package

With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.

Fill out the form

Request the Application Package
Fast Track Package image

The Fast Track Package

Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.

Fill out the form

Request the Fast Track Package
Appeal Package image

The Appeal Package

By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.

Fill out the form

Request the Appeal Package

We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone. Learn more

Request a call back from our immigration experts

Frequently Asked Questions

The application fee for the ICT visa varies depending on the type of visa you are applying for and how long you will be in the UK for, the current fees are as follows:

Long-Term ICT for up to 3 years – £610

Long-Term ICT for more than 3 years – £1220

Graduate Trainee ICT – £482

If you are currently in the UK you could still apply for an ICT visa by switching from your current visa, the price will vary for this. You will also need to pay the same fee for any dependents you plan to bring with you to the UK.

As well as the application fee, you will also be required to pay the Immigration Health Surcharge whilst you are in the UK, this currently costs £624 a year.

Unfortunately, the Intra-Company Transfer Visa does not lead to Indefinite Leave to Remain and any time you spend in the UK will not count towards the period of qualification for ILR. It is possible to qualify for ILR using another type of work visa, such as the Skilled Worker visa.

If you would like to be granted Indefinite Leave to Remain, our lawyers can advise you on the best immigration routes for you that will allow you to qualify for ILR. For more information contact them on 0333 305 3612.

You can apply to extend your ICT Visa if the original stay was less than the maximum time allowed for your visa type. If your visa has already been issued for the maximum length of stay then you will not be eligible to extend it.

However, you could apply for a Skilled Worker visa if you plan on working for a different employer in the UK. As an ICT visa holder, there is usually a cooling off period of 12 months required for this unless you earn over £120,000 per annum.

To find out more, speak to our lawyers on 0333 305 3612.