Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 6 pm


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 8.30 am to 6 pm.
4.7 rating 423 reviews

Service Supplier Visa

The Service Supplier Visa is for overseas workers who are employed by an overseas service provider or are a self employed service provider and need to travel to the UK to complete temporary work assignments as part of the UK’s international trade agreements.

Call us on 03334149244 for immediate help & assistance with your situation. We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    What is the Service Supplier visa?

    The UK Service Supplier visa was introduced in 2022 and is one of the five visas offered via the Global Business Mobility immigration routes.

    The Service Supplier route replaces provision provided under the International Agreement Route and is aimed at allowing overseas companies conduct business in the UK.

    Under this new Service Supplier route, a contractual service supplier employed by an overseas service provider or an independent professional who is self-employed and based abroad can come to the UK on a temporarily to provide services – as long as there is a valid international trade agreement in place.

    The UK Service Supplier visa is a temporary work visa and does not provide a direct route to British citizenship or Indefinite Leave to Remain.

    Am I eligible for the UK Service Supplier visa?

    In order to qualify for a Service Supplier visa, you will need to meet a range of criteria including:

    • Be aged 18 or over
    • Currently working as or for an overseas service provider that will provide services to your UK business sponsor
    • Have worked as or for the overseas service provider outside the UK for a cumulative period of at least 12 months;
    • Your UK sponsor has a contract with an overseas service provider, where that contract has been approved by the Home Office, and on which you as a Service Supplier will work
    • Have a valid Certificate of Sponsorship issued by your UK sponsor for the job you are planning to do while in the UK
    • The job you are planning to do is genuine and you have evidence to prove this
    • The job you are planning to do is skilled to at least RQF Level 6 (graduate equivalent) or you have a degree and at least three years experience if employed by an overseas service provider or 6 years if you are a self employed service provider
    • You have enough money to support yourself without accessing public funds during your stay in the UK
    • You can provide a valid TB certificate – this requirement depends on which country you are coming from

    Documents required for a UK Service Supplier visa application

    As part of your application for a Service supplier visa you will need to provide a range of documents to the UK immigration services so they can assess your suitability.

    All documents submitted must be in English or Welsh otherwise you are required to provide a certified translated copy.

    Alongside your application you must provide the following supporting paperwork:

    • A passport or another travel document that proves your identity and nationality
    • A valid Certificate of Sponsorship reference number – this will be provided by your UK sponsor
    • Details of the job being performed by the service supplier along with the eligible job’s occupation code
    • Documents that name the UK sponsor and their sponsor license number
    • Evidence that you have required degree or relevant qualifications appropriate for the job role
    • Evidence you have worked for your overseas employer for at least 12 months outside the UK – this can include payslips, bank statements, business accounts, invoices or a letter from your sponsor
    • A valid ATAS certificate – this requirement depends on the nature of the job and if you are employed in research during your time in the UK
    • You must provide evidence, such as a recent bank statement showing personal savings, that demonstrate you have the required financial funds available to support yourself while in the country
    • Tuberculosis test results (if you are applying from a country where this is required)

    Having a valid Certificate of Sponsorship (Cos) is a vital part of applying for the UK Service Supplier Visa and your application will not be approved without it.

    The Certificate of Sponsorship has to be issued by an Home Office approved sponsor with a current sponsor licence in place and it must not have been issued more than three months before you make your UK Service Supplier visa application.

    You must ensure your Certificate of Sponsorship displays the following information:

    • Details of your name, job and salary
    • Confirm you have worked as or for your overseas service provider outside the UK for a cumulative period of at least 12 months
    • Have a start date which is not more than 3 months after your UK service supplier visa application
    • Confirmation that the Certificate of Sponsorship has not been used in a previous application which was either granted or refused and the CoS has not been withdrawn by the approved sponsor or cancelled by the Home Office at any point

    Service Supplier Visa Financial Requirement

    To apply for the UK Service Supplier visa you will need to have cash funds of at least £1,270 available.

    You will need to have held the money for at least 28 consecutive days ending not more than 31 days before the date of making your Service Supplier Visa application. You must be able to demonstrate this via bank statements etc.

    There are some exemptions to the financial requirement of the visa if your sponsor is willing to meet your maintenance costs up to the end of the first month of your employment, to an amount of at least £1,270, if necessary.

    You must ensure that your Global Business Mobility sponsor has confirmed this on your Certificate of Sponsorship otherwise you could risk being refused.

    If you are applying for permission to stay and have been in the UK with permission for at least a year at the time of application, you will automatically meet the financial requirement and will not need to show evidence of income or personal savings.



    Can I change to a Service Supplier Visa?

    If you are already in the UK under an alternative visa then you may be able to switch to a UK Service Supplier visa depending on your current circumstances.

    However, note if you are staying in the UK on any of the following visas you are not able to change to a Service Supplier visa without returning to your home country first:

    • A UK Visitor Visa
    • A short-term student visa
    • Parent of a Child Student Visa
    • Temporary Seasonal Worker Visa
    • A domestic worker is a private household visa

    Additionally, if you plan to switch to this visa from a Student visa, one of the following must apply to you:

    • You’ve completed the course you were sponsored to study on your Student visa
    • The start date of your job is after the completion date of your course
    • You’ve been studying for a PhD for at least 24 months

    How to make a UK Service Supplier visa application

    You will need to make a Service Supplier visa application online via the website – the process is slightly different depending if you are applying from within the UK or from overseas.

    You must not make your application more than three months before your service supplier worker start date in the UK – the exact date will be given on your Certificate of Sponsorship.

    Make sure you have all the supporting documents to hand, prepared to pay the associated visa fees and be aware you may need to attend a visa application centre to submit biometric information including a photograph and fingerprints.

    You may also need to verify your identity by using the ‘UK Immigration: ID Check’ app. This app will ask you to create a UK Visas and Immigration (UKVI) account and then scan your ID for verification.

    Costs and timescales for Service Supplier visa application

    Once you have submitted your application for a UK Service Supplier visa then you should get a decision within three weeks if you applied from outside the UK and in around eight weeks if you applied in the UK.

    It may be possible to speed up the process by paying an additional fee for priority and super priority services but this depends on individual cases.

    When making your application for the UK visa you will need to pay an application fee of £298.

    You will also be required to pay the immigration health surcharge for each year of stay in the UK – this is currently £624 per year and allows access to various National Health Service treatments during your time in the UK.

    How long does a UK Service Supplier visa last?

    The Service Supplier immigration route allows service supplier visa holders to come to the UK for six or 12 month periods – depending on the relevant UK trade commitment assignment.

    It is possible to future for future assignments – but you must not stay for more than five years in an six year period via the Global Business Mobility routes.

    Under immigration rules, a UK Service Supplier Visa will not provide a direct right to British citizenship and you would need to switch to an alterative immigration route to apply for indefinite leave to remain in the country.

    Can I bring dependants on Service Supplier visa?

    It is possible to bring dependants to the UK on a Service Supplier visa route. Your family members will need to meet the following criteria:

    • A spouse, civil partner, or unmarried ‘de facto’ partner
    • Unmarried children under the age of 18
    • Unmarried children over the age of 18 who are dependent on the visa holder

    You will have to provide evidence of a relationship with any dependents ie a marriage certificate or birth certificate.

    As well as paying a separate application fee and the yearly immigration health surcharge, your dependents will need to meet UK immigration financial requirements which are proof of personal savings up to £285 for a spouse/partner, £315 for the first child and £200 for each additional dependent child.

    How our Immigration lawyers can help

    Obtaining visas can be a long process, which can also have uncertain results. Our Immigration team is qualified and ready to help you with visa applications or walking you through the process.

    Navigating visa routes or application forms can be tricky, especially if you speak a different language.

    We have friendly, experienced lawyers waiting to help you with you and your families immigration case today.

    Our list of assistance includes but is not limited to:

    • Provide a Letter of Representation
    • Assist you in completing your application to the best it can be, including fixing errors and proofreading
    • Conduct a thorough document check to make sure everything is included in your application
    • Walk you through eligibility for multiple visas that best suit your needs
    • Help you prepare for both the Life in the UK test and your English language examination
    • Liaise with the Home Office on your behalf throughout the entire process

    Call us today on 03334149244 or fill out the contact form on our website.

    Get in touch with our expert immigration lawyers to receive assistance on your High Potential Individual case. Contact Us

      Request a call back from our immigration experts

      Advice Package icon

      Advice Package

      Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.

      Application Package icon

      Application Package

      Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.

      Fast Track Package icon

      Fast Track Package

      Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.

      Appeal Package icon

      Appeal Package

      Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.

      Advice Package image

      The Advice Package

      With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.

        Request a call back from our immigration experts

        Request the Advice Package
        Application Package image

        The Application Package

        With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.

          Request a call back from our immigration experts

          Request the Application Package
          Fast Track Package image

          The Fast Track Package

          Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.

            Request a call back from our immigration experts

            Request the Fast Track Package
            Appeal Package image

            The Appeal Package

            By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.

              Request a call back from our immigration experts

              Request the Appeal Package

              Frequently Asked Questions

              Once the documents have been scanned and submitted to the DMC (decision making centre) in Sheffield by VFS or TLS staff at the local UK Visa Application Centre, the applicant will be able to take their important original supporting documents back home.

              You must show the funds have been held for 28 days, unless you are relying on your sponsor or endorsing body.

              We offer immigration advice sessions as face to face appointments at all of our UK offices, or via the phone. Learn more

                Request a call back from our immigration experts

                Related pages for your continued reading.