Immigration Advice Service
03334149244 (local rate)

Mon - Sun, 8.30 am - 6 pm


We are the UK's leading immigration specialists
OISC Accredited UK immigration lawyers
We've had over 5000 applications approved
We are now open 7 days a week from 8.30 am to 6 pm.
4.7 rating 423 reviews

UK Adult Dependent Visas for South Africans

Discuss your case with our team of immigration lawyers to learn if you qualify for an Adult Dependent Visa for South African citizens.

Call us on 0333 220 4358 for immediate help & assistance with your situation. We’re here to help you in person, via the phone or online.

    Request a call back from our immigration experts

    Adult Dependent Visa for South Africans

    If you are a South African citizen and you have some connection to the UK, you may wish to enter this country to spend some time with your friends and family. However, based on your circumstances and your rationale to enter the UK, you may need a visa.

    If you are the parent, grandparent, sibling or adult child of a British citizen or a person holding settlement status in the UK, you can seek permission to reside in the UK.

    Call us on 0333 220 4358 to find out more about the Adult Dependent Visa and all your options to travel from South Africa to the UK.

    Immigration Advice Service 4.7 rating 423 reviews Logo

    What is the UK Adult Dependent Visa for South Africans?

    South African parent, grandparent and other adult family members of UK citizens or settled people can apply for an Adult Dependent Visa to join their family in the UK.

    This permit is intended to allow applicants to offer long-term personal care to their relatives who are in need. To support your eligibility, you must provide an extensive bundle of documents with your family’s medical information records.

    Successful applicants will be granted permission to stay in the UK for an unlimited period, as long as their relatives need their help.

    What are the Dependent Visa requirements?

    To apply for this visa and travel from South Africa to the UK, you must meet specific requirements. Most importantly, you must be able to prove that:

    • Your relative who needs long-term care is a British citizen or holds Indefinite Leave to Remain in the UK.
    • You are at least 18 years old.
    • You can provide extensive medical assistance to your relatives in the UK.
    • The care your family needs is not available or affordable in the country you live (South Africa).
    • You can support, accommodate, and care for your family without claiming public funds.

    Do South Africans need a visa for the UK?

    If you are travelling to the UK on a South African passport, you will need a visa to enter the United Kingdom.

    When travelling to the UK, it is essential to have all your paperwork with you when arriving at the border controls.

    If you are currently holding a UK visa for South Africans, you must always check that your permit is still valid and that all your information reported on your travel documents are correct.

    How to apply for a Dependent Visa from South Africa

    To apply for a UK Dependent Visa from South Africa, you can submit your application online.

    Once your application fee has been paid, you can book an appoint at your nearest Visa Application Centre.

    To make sure that your application is successful, you must prepare an extensive portfolio of supporting documents. You can get professional help from one of our immigration lawyers.

    If your application is accepted, you will need to collect your passport and your Biometric Residence Card once you arrive in the UK.

    Get in touch with our expert immigration lawyers to learn more about UK Adult Dependent Visas Contact us

      Request a call back from our immigration experts

      Advice Package icon

      Advice Package

      Comprehensive immigration advice tailored to your circumstances and goals.

      Application Package icon

      Application Package

      Designed to make your visa application as smooth and stress-free as possible.

      Fast Track Package icon

      Fast Track Package

      Premium application service that ensures your visa application is submitted to meet your deadline.

      Appeal Package icon

      Appeal Package

      Ensure you have the greatest chance of a successful appeal. We will represent you in any case.

      Advice Package image

      The Advice Package

      With our untimed Advice Session, our professional immigration lawyers will review your case and provide you with comprehensive advice, completely tailored to your needs and your situation.

        Request a call back from our immigration experts

        Request the Advice Package
        Application Package image

        The Application Package

        With our Application Package, your dedicated caseworker will advise you on your application process and eligibility. Your legal advisor will then complete and submit your forms to the Home Office on your behalf.

          Request a call back from our immigration experts

          Request the Application Package
          Fast Track Package image

          The Fast Track Package

          Our Fast-Track Application Package is a premium service for those who need to submit their application in time with their deadlines. Your case will become a top priority for our lawyers and you will benefit from our highest-quality services.

            Request a call back from our immigration experts

            Request the Fast Track Package
            Appeal Package image

            The Appeal Package

            By choosing our Appeal Package, you can rely on our lawyers’ legal knowledge and experience to ensure you have the highest chance of a successful appeal. We will also fully represent you in any hearings/tribunals.

              Request a call back from our immigration experts

              Request the Appeal Package

              Frequently Asked Questions

              You may still have plenty of options to enter the UK, depending on why you want to travel to this country.

              For example, if you are an experienced businessperson, you could consider the Innovator Visa. On the other hand, if you are willing to invest at least £2 million in UK businesses, you may be eligible for an Investor Visa.

              Otherwise, if you have received a job offer from a British company, you can apply for a Tier 2 Visa.

              Call us on 0333 305 9375 to discuss your case with one of our immigration lawyers. You will receive a detailed overview of all your options to enter the UK.

              No, you are not required to sit an English Language Test If you wish to apply for an Adult Dependent Visa for South Africa nationals.

              However, if you wish to apply for a different Family Visa, you may need to demonstrate your English proficiency.

              If you are a South African national and you are under the age of 18, you can apply for a Dependent Child Visa to join your family in the UK.

              To be eligible, you must not be leading an independent life nor being married or have formed an independent family unit.

              To find out more about the UK Dependent Child Visa for South Africans, you can get in touch with our lawyers.

              Yes, you can apply to support your family living in the UK if your relatives are in this country under humanitarian protection or as refugees.

              You will be required to prove that you can provide adequate maintenance, accommodation and care for your dependant without relying on UK public funds.